Statement of Faith
REACH Co-op Statement of Faith
REACH Co-op is a Christian organization of homeschool families. Please read our statement of faith. We ask that no teaching be given to the students that is in any way contrary to this:
REACH Homeschool Co-op Statement of Faith
We believe the following basic Christian truths:
1. The Bible is the complete, inerrant, divinely inspired, and authoritative written Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Revelation 22:18-19)
2. There is one God, Creator, and Sustainer of the universe existing in three persons; God-the Father, Jesus-the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 1:1, John 1:14)
3. Lord Jesus Christ being fully God became fully man, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was raised bodily, and is at God’s right hand, and will come again. (I Peter 2:21-22 and John 19:30)
4. All people have sinned and are guilty before God. (Romans 3:23)
5. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, out of His love to save us from our sins. (Romans 5:8, John 3:16)
6. All those who believe and receive Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as their Savior are forgiven by God and have eternal life. (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Acts 16:31, and John 1:12)
7. We believe the family is the basic governmental, social, and spiritual unit created by God. In it, the child learns self-government, social relationships, and develops a relationship to the Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 3:5, John 3:16, Ephesians 6:1, and Colossians 3:20) The family also provides protection from an over-extensive government and sinful social involvements.
8. We understand “marriage” to be a legally binding agreement/union between a male and female. (Matthew 19:5, Genesis 2:24)
9. We understand "family" to mean the following: two parents (a male and a female) or one parent, who has one or more children that are natural, adopted, fostered, or step children (Genesis 1:26-28 and James 1:27).
10. We believe that the ultimate responsibility for the education of children belongs to parents. (Deuteronomy 4:9, Deuteronomy 6:1-25, and Deuteronomy 4:1-4) Thus, we believe this is an inalienable right given by God, which the state cannot create, destroy, or alter. Parents may allow another to teach some of the cognitive information that children need to know, but all education must be under the ultimate control and supervision of the parents.
11. We believe education in the home to be the best form of education for many families, but we recognize that some parents have valid reasons for sending their children to private or public schools and we support their right to do so. (Proverbs 1: 8-9, Proverbs 22:6, and Ephesians 6:4)
12. We believe that all education is religious in nature since one's view of the world and life is inevitably involved in teaching. (Proverbs 2:1-8, Proverbs 3:1-2, Proverbs 6:20-23, and Matthew 28:18-20) Every discipline of knowledge, whether it be a subject such as mathematics, science, or history, will have as its final reference point a theistic view of reality (Colossians 1:15-20 and Colossians 2:8-15), and that there is no neutral academic discipline.
13. The Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus Christ and works in all people to bring them to faith and obedience and dwells in believers equipping and empowering them for lives of holiness and faithful service. (John 16:7-15, Galatians 5:16-25)
14. The Church is the Body of Christ, consisting of all believers and fulfills Christ’s mission, making disciples of all nations and bringing glory to God. (Romans 12:4-8, Matthew 28:18-20)
Since our classes are academic in nature, and since we have members from many different Christian denominations, we ask that there be no class-time doctrinal discussions outside of these basic truths without prior approval from REACH leadership.
I/We, the undersigned, do hereby affirm that I/ we have read and agree with the above and foregoing Statement of Faith, the___________ day of ________________, 20 ____.
(Please print your name beneath your signature.)