Homewood's Statement of Faith
Homewood's Statement of Faith embodies our common Christian beliefs. As part of the application for membership, each family must agree with this Statement of Faith.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes completed and final revelation. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God who came in human flesh being fully God and fully man except without sin.
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and by act, and therefore are under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross—the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trust in any personal works, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- We hold as a belief and conviction that marriage is ordained by God as a union between a man and a woman. Children are given by God as a stewardship to the parents (father and mother) and not the state. Further, we hold that parents have wherewithal and authority to educate their own children. (Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Ephesians 6:4)