Our Leadership Team
Renita Gerlach – Director
- BS in English Education, MA in Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Taught middle school students at Locust Grove Mennonite School for 3½ years before starting a family.
- Is a home school evaluator and writing/literature/speech teacher.
- Is married to Rod who works as a self-employed contractor, mostly residential construction.
- They fellowship with a house church with 5 families in the Manheim/Lititz area.
- Having home schooled her 3 children, Selena, Seth and Erika, for 13 years (her oldest just graduated!), she appreciates building relationship by spending quantity time with them, and being able to tailor their education to each child. She views their home as a base for learning a life of love and service to God and his children.
- Interests/hobbies: Reading, writing, hiking, kayaking, cooking, hospitality to friends & “strangers” (such as international students)
Jennifer Anteau- Co-Director
- BS in Health Sciences, Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Worked as a licensed physical therapist for 5 years and has owned a gluten free bakery since 2012
- Married to Chris, who is as an Office Manager for a heating and cooling company.
- Is the mother of a hearing-impaired son and has experience working with both physically and developmentally challenged people
- Her family worships with Victory Church at the Greenfield Campus in Lancaster where she serves in Kids’ Ministry
- This is her fifth year of homeschooling her two sons, Noah and Colden. She is reminded every day of the vast responsibility with which God has blessed her and enjoys watching her sons learn and explore as they grow.
- Interests/Hobbies: reading, music, multiple crafts, and hosting international students throughout the year in her home.
Linda Kerr – Secondary Coordinator
- BA in history and secondary education, MA in Bible
- 6 years classroom teaching experience in private Christian middle and high school. Taught English, writing, history, Bible.
- Many years of church-related Bible teaching at all ages, child through adult.
- Was married for 10 years then the Lord called her husband home in Oct 2011. In July 2012, she moved from Massachusetts to Willow Street, PA.
- She has one son, Josiah, and has homeschooled him for 6 years. They attend Grace Church at Willow Valley.
- She appreciates homeschooling, seeing it as a privilege, a calling, a responsibility, and a joy. She also believes we need to prepare our children to engage a culture that is increasingly anti-Christian.
- Interests/hobbies: reading, baking, visiting museums, playing board games
Jamie Rohrer -- Elementary Coordinator
- BS degree in Elementary Education
- Worked in Manheim Central School District for four years as a long and short-term substitute.
- Taught children’s church and worked in the children’s ministry for years at Middlecreek Church of the Brethren.
- Her family currently attends church at the LCBC Manheim branch.
- She has been married to Austin for 15 years and has two daughters. Logan (8) and Heidi (6). They met in California while he was serving in the Marine Corps. Austin currently works as a state job superintendent for Pennsy Supply.
- This is her fifth year homeschooling her girls. The Lord has blessed her in many ways to help guide her while she homeschools her children. She enjoys the quality time they spend together as the girls grow and learn in their educational and spiritual journey.
- Interests/Hobbies: Reading, cooking, gardening, friendships, and family time.
Amy Brown – Secretary/Treasurer
- Has degrees in Urban Economic Development and Spanish from Eastern University
- Worked in small business development and as a trainer for Auntie Anne’s, Inc before staying home to raise a family
- Married to Jason for 16 years and blessed with three awesome kids: Halle (14), Hudson (11), and Hope (9)
- Helps with the administrative tasks for their growing business, Jason R. Brown Electric, LLC
- Lives in the Southern End of Lancaster County in Peach Bottom
- Members of Providence Church
- This is her third year of homeschooling and she is grateful for the opportunity to have this time with her kids
- Interests/hobbies: being with friends and family, baking, decorating and organizing