Class Registration Information
1. You must first be a paid member of BACH to register for BACH classes. The BACH membership fee is $50.00 per family per year. The Membership Fee is payable online via PayPal.
2. Members may add and drop classes freely without penalty until July 1, 2017.
3. A one month class fee deposit must be paid for each student and class on or before July 1, 2017 to reserve a class spot. Classes added after July 1, 2017 will require an immediate one month deposit. If a deposit is not made for a student that is added to a class, the student will be removed from that class on July 2, 2016. If a student is added to a class after July 1, 2017, a deposit must be made before 11:00 p.m. the same day or the student will be removed from the registered class.
4. Dropping a class after July 1, 2017, will result in a forfeited deposit.
5. BACH will use the collected deposits to pay all BACH teachers their September class fees. Supply fees will still be the responsibility of the parents on the first day of September classes. Parents and students are responsible for paying their BACH teachers on the first day of class for each month after September.
6. All families that register for BACH classes must also pay an additional Family Class Registration Fee of $40.00 before September 1, 2017. The Class Registration Fee is payable online via PayPal. BACH gives the First Baptist Church of Boerne $30.00 of the fee. The remaining $10 goes towards insurance payments and PayPal fees for registration.
7. Parents who register one or more students for BACH Classes are required to sign and submit the Parent Class Participation Form before September 1, 2017. Parent Class Participation forms can be found on the BACH Website.
8. All students who register for one or more BACH classes are required to sign the Student Class Participation Form before September 1, 2017. Student Class Participation Forms can be found on the BACH website.
9. A parent can only register a High School student for classes ONLY if the student has been homeschooled for at least one year.
10. Parents must pay supply fees to the teacher on the first day of class. Supply fees should be paid directly to the teacher via cash or check on the first day of class.
11. You must pay your monthly class fees (after September) on the first class day of the month to avoid a late fee. Class fees should be paid directly to the teacher via cash or check.
12. There will be a Mandatory Parent Meeting for all families participating in BACH classes. The meeting will be held on Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 6:30pm at First Baptist Church in the Family Life Building. At least one parent is required to attend this meeting.
About BACH Classes
The primary purpose BACH Classes is to provide additional options for parents as they continue to seek the Lord for His provision for their children's education. It is also to give an opportunity for members of the Body of Christ to make their gifts and talents available to others. It is not the purpose of BACH to undermine the authority or confidence of parents in any way. Neither can it be a replacement for parent involvement. An added bonus is the opportunity to encourage one another through Christian fellowship.
Classes for the Fall semester will be September 7, 2017 through December 14, 2017 and for the Spring Semester, January 4, 2017 through May 10, 2018. Classes meet on Mondays and/or Thursdays. Student(s) will be given assignments to perform at home under parental supervision.
We thank the Lord for every one of our teachers. Without their talents and skills, our co-op would not have flourished as much as it has. Our teachers are self-employed, independent contractors.
Annual (fall and spring semester) non-refundable registration fees are $40 per family. The registration fee must be paid by September 1, 2017, or students will NOT be allowed to start classes. Students who sign up for classes and do not pay the registration fee by September 1, will be dropped from the class. Although the BACH Class Registration system allows subscribers to register online immediately, these registrations are not valid and the student's place in class will not be held until the registration fee is paid in full. (No exceptions) Registration Fees should be paid on this website via PayPal.
Individual class fees range from approximately $0 - $75 a month. Each teacher sets their own class fees. The exact fee will be listed with the class description. All payments must be made payable to each individual teacher. A late fee may be charged for late payments.
When registering for classes, individuals are making a commitment to our entire co-op school year. After July 1, 2017, regardless of the issue, if a class is dropped, parents will be responsible for paying 2 months of the dropped class's monthly fee.
BACH classes are not a typical school situation. The parent is completely responsible for their child/children, even while they are in BACH classes and even if parents ARE NOT on campus. The Class Participation Forms have outlined BACH’s policies and procedures. Once classes have started, violations of those policies could result in the removal from a class, etc. Following BACH’s policies and procedures will help to ensure a more smoothly run school year for everyone.
Both Students and Parents are required to submit Class Participation Forms before September 1, 2017. Students will not be allowed to start classes without these forms. Both the Parent Class Participation Form and the Student Class Participation Form can be found on this website.
Parents are required to volunteer during the school year. BACH needs parents to monitor the great room/common area and needs help setting up and breaking down/cleaning rooms. For all students registered for co-op classes on the FBC campus, parents will need to volunteer 8 times during the school year. A volunteer schedule will be posted in June 2017 so parents may begin signing up for volunteer slots.