Statement of Faith/ Participation Guidelines
Pilgrims Progress Home-School Association Statement of Faith 2019-2020
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
- Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is God come in the flesh.
- The Holy Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- Man is by nature sinful and is inherently in need of salvation, which is exclusively found by faith alone in Jesus Christ and his shed blood.
- Christ's death provides substitutionary atonement for our sins.
- Jesus Christ literally rose bodily from the dead.
- Jesus Christ will literally come to earth again in the Second Advent.
- Marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one man and one woman.
Participation in Pilgrims’ Progress Home-School Association will be kept open to homeschooling families who are willing to work in accordance with the groups’ written guidelines and doctrinal statement (no signed statement of faith required). Leadership positions such as chairman, secretary, treasurer, events coordinator, etc… require more rigorous qualifications such as: signing the statement of faith, homeschooling for at least two years and the recommendation and support of the existing board.
Only dues-paying families will be included on the mailing/phone list and will receive informational mailings, newsletters, minutes, etc. Families who do not choose to commit in this manner are welcome to participate in field trips as space allows, with preference given to dues-paying families