All postings on the SOCCO website are to be kept in accordance with the purpose of our group. Members can choose which forums on the website they would like to be a part of but each family must be subscribed to the Admin forum. The following guidelines are further elaborations specific to postings, though not completely exhaustive.
- Postings can be any offer of support on any subject that is helpful to Christian families pursuing private home education and honoring to our Lord Jesus Christ.
- If a subject matter in any post directs site-users to ideas or venues that are secular, controversial, or falls outside SOCCO’s purpose, the posting should alert readers to any possible conflict that may arise. (e.g. evolution-based venues, programs that are not exclusive to private home schooling, religious activities that are outside of our statement of faith, etc.)
- SOCCO members are in different places on their homeschool journey. Encouraging Christ-centered, private home education and cultivating a safe place to receive mentoring in independent, Biblical home education should be the primary concern of all postings and responses to postings.
Administrators and moderators retain the right to delete a post as deemed necessary. Continual disregard for the posting guidelines and purpose of this group could result in banning, for the protection of our members, if necessary.
All site users should remember these scriptural principles when posting.
- Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
- Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. Colossians 4:6
- Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11