What is SOCCO?
SOCCO is a support group for Christian families located in South Orange County, California who are educating their children at home with a Biblical worldview independent of public programs.
What is SOCCO’s purpose?
We exist to provide a place where these families can support one another in their homeschool journeys from preschool through senior high school. We strive to...
- "Walk in a manner worthy of the LORD, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10
- Disciple our children through home education as they grow in capability and stature
- Support one another in raising children who are spiritually rooted, socially adept, and academically excellent
We encourage each other as we do this without the use of government funding, charter school programs or full-time enrollment in private schools. Families are eligible to join if they are home educating all their children from a Biblical worldview and either file a California private school affidavit or use a private school program to file the private school affidavit.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to the private, members-only website for scheduled activities, local happenings, resources, questions, and anything helpful to members while honoring our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Member-led activities & services (such as: field trips, in-home classes, holiday celebrations, community service, park dates, mom’s meetings)
- Discount to HSLDA membership
What do I need to know about being a member of SOCCO?
The following pages will help you to understand SOCCO’s guidelines and ideas about faith, home education and interacting in our group. Please read the next few pages carefully as you consider being part of SOCCO.