Our Membership Policy
Membership in GRACE Homeschoolers Alliance is open to Christian families who are homeschooling at least one child in Pre-K-12 grade level or above within our general geographical region.
"Or above" is applicable for families with students age 18-20 who are taking a gap year and/or classes at a community college or completing online college courses while still living at home.
Our membership area extends along the south-central CT shoreline, primarily but not exclusively between East Haven and East Lyme, and includes inland towns along the CT River up to Middletown.
- We require that members agree to uphold and fulfill our General Membership Responsibilities. (See below.)
- We require that members concur with and sign our Statement of Faith (see sidebar “Getting Started” sublink), indicating their commitment to those truths upon which we can all agree, for the purposes of Christian fellowship and unity. (Romans 15:5-7)
- We require that members pay annual membership dues of $25 per family to cover the cost of our website subscription, to help defray the cost of certain group activities and events, or to purchase resource materials as needed.
Our Group Policy
Our group's mission not only encourages but requires every GRACE member to serve/volunteer and to be actively involved in our group. We feel it best acknowledges and honors our members' commitment, therefore, to deem all GRACE-sponsored activities and events as members-only, unless otherwise clearly specified.
However, it will be at the Membership Administrator's discretion to allow a prospective member who has completed Membership Step #1 and requested permission to attend a fellowship activity in order "to get to know the group" to do so on a one-time basis prior to submission of a membership application.
Our General Membership Responsibilites
- All members are requested and encouraged to attend the Welcome Family Picnic and/or the Planning Picnic in September, in order for you to most easily acclimate and connect with our GRACE community.
- All members are required to be actively involved in the practical and prayer support of GRACE Homeschoolers Alliance.
- In accordance with 1 Peter 4:8-10, all members are asked to prayerfully seek to use whatever gift they have received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.
- In accordance with 2 Corinthians 9:6-8, all members are asked to have willing hearts to sow generously of their time and talents, so the entire group may also reap generously and be abundantly blessed by God.
- In accordance with Ephesians 4:15-16, all members are asked to intentionally consider how they might serve the entire body as mutual "joints of supply" to one another, so our GRACE community may truly build itself up in love as each individual part does its work.
- All members are required to serve/volunteer in a minimum of one area per year. Members who do not fulfill this requirement will be ineligible for membership renewal the following year.
- All members agree to honor our members-only policy for all GRACE-sponsored activities and events, unless otherwise clearly specified.
- All members agree to maintain website confidentiality.
- A member who has a specific issue concerning a leadership member of GRACE is humbly requested to handle it in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17. Any concern should first be brought directly to that member, so that it may be resolved personally and in a biblical manner. If the issue remains unresolved, a request may be made to schedule and place the issue on the agenda at a special Executive Committee meeting, at which time the concerned member may publicly present the matter.
1. Please contact the Membership Administrator to request more information and/or to set up a mutually convenient date/time for a short 5-10 minute phone interview.
New membership requests will be not be accepted or approved prior to a phone consultation.
Our contact email: [email protected]
2. Upon completion of the interview, you may then submit the online registration application by clicking the "Join" ("Request Membership") button on the top header of this page. Please follow the directions. During the process you will be prompted to accept the Statement of Faith. Acceptance is equivalent to your signing and concurring with the Statement of Faith, so please read it carefully.
3. Payment of membership dues can be made by cash, check, or through PayPal (with the additional option for debit/credit). Further information is provided after you click "Continue" during the online registration process.
4. You will receive an email to confirm your membership status upon receipt of payment.
- New membership requests may be made at any time. GRACE membership approval and website access will be granted upon completion of the Membership Steps and receipt of dues.
- Our annual membership period and access to the GRACE website is valid from October 1-September 30.
- There are no partial payments for membership; however, any new membership requests and payment received after April 1 will be valid for the subsequent school year as well.