Co-op Info for 2018-19
Session 1: Aug 20, Aug 27, Sep 10, Sept 17, Sept 24, Oct 1
Session 2: Oct 22, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 12, Nov 26, Dec 3
Session 3: Jan 28, Feb 4, Feb 11, Feb 25, Mar 4, Mar 18
Session 4: Apr 1, Apr 8, Apr 15, Apr 29, May 6, May 13
Rates for Deseret Homeschoolers Co-op:
- $15 materials fee that applies to every family, plus
- $20 fee per each (non-nursery age) child, up to 3 children, plus
- $5 fee per each nursery age child to help cover snacks
Adding the materials fee to the fee per child gives the following totals:
- For 1 child, your registration will be $35/session
- For 2 children, your registration fee will be $55/session
- For 3 or more children your registration fee will be $75/session
- ADD $5 FOR EACH NURSERY AGE CHILD
About Deseret Co-op
- Deseret Co-op will be at St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church located at 14301 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069
- There are four sessions over the school year.
- Co-op classes meet on Mondays from 10am-12pm, followed by a break for lunch and organized PE games at the field behind the church.
- Each session will offer different classes geared to children from Pre-K up to Teens.
- There is a nursery for a nominal fee.
- Parents are expected to be present during the Co-op time and volunteer in some form or another.
- Here are descriptions from a few of our sessions to give you an idea of the types of classes we have offered:
A co-op is a cooperative effort led by parents, and its success or failure rests squarely on all of our shoulders. There are many ways you can help:
- Teach or co-teach a class
- Assist with managing the children of a class
- Monitor the comings and goings of children in the class
- Monitor the halls/bathrooms
- Help in the Nursery
After Co-op ends for the day many of us like to walk across the parking lot to the field. We enjoy our lunches together and have a chance to talk, share experiences, and get/give advice. We are also planning to let the students organize "after school" clubs during this time as well. They will be open to any and all children who want to participate.