Co-op Session 4
Deseret Homeschoolers will continue to have Co-op Session 4 at St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church. The address is 14301 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069. We will be meeting on Mondays from 10am to noon. To see what classes we will be offering for Session 4 click here.
Co-op Info for 2017-2018
Session 1: Cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey
Session 2: Oct 27, Nov 3, Nov 10, Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 8
Session 3: Jan 22, Jan 29, Feb 12, Feb 19, Feb 26, Mar 5
Session 4: Apr 9, Apr 16, Apr 23, Apr 30, May 7, May 21
Rates for each session of Deseret Homeschoolers Co-op:
- $15 materials fee per family, plus
- $20 per child, up to 3 children (nursery age children are free)
Adding the materials fee to the fee per child gives the following totals:
- For 1 child, your registration will be $35/session
- For 2 children, your registration fee will be $55/session
- For 3 or more children your registration fee will be $75/session
About Deseret Co-op
- Deseret Co-op location will be at St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church located at 14301 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069
- There are four sessions over the school year.
- Co-op classes will continue to meet on Mondays from 10am-12pm, followed by a break for lunch and organized PE games at the field behind the church.
- Each session will offer different classes geared to children from Pre-K up to Teens.
- There is a free nursery.
- Parents are expected to be present during the Co-op time and volunteer in some form or another.
A co-op is a cooperative effort led by parents, and its success or failure rests squarely on all of our shoulders. There are many ways you can help:
- Teach or co-teach a class
- Assist with managing the children of a class
- Monitor the comings and goings of children in the class
- Help in the Nursery
- Plan & lead outdoor activities for thirty minutes of PE Games
After Co-op ends for the day many of us like to walk across the parking lot to the field. We enjoy our lunches together and have a chance to talk, share experiences, and get/give advice. Then one of the parents will lead a session of PE games. The games are open to any and all children who want to participate.