Co-op Student Policies
NELCHA Co-op Student Agreement
All students enrolled in NELCHA Co-op must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be honest, courteous and patient with everyone; treating others with Christ-like kindness.
- Respect and obey those in authority.
- Be on time for classes. (This means arriving BEFORE class begins.)
- Use respectful and polite language.
- Remain with their class unless they obtain permission from their teacher to leave and be in the appropriate areas at all times; not roaming the building or property.
- Eat only during the appropriate times and places.
- Do not bring electronic devices of any kind to class (mp3 players, phone, game boys, etc.) Do not bring weapons, tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs on the property.
- Complete homework (if any) given by your instructor and fully participate in class by engaging with other students and the instructor during class time.
- Contact the instructor when you are absent.
- Reimburse for any damage done by the student to the facility or equipment.
- Dress and Conduct Code: Be mindful that hemlines, necklines and conduct i.e. physical aggression/affection and language, should be appropriate for church activities. Shoes are required. So as to esteem others more highly than yourself, prefer modesty over making a “statement” with your clothing, make-up and jewelry. Please use good personal hygiene and come to co-op clean! (There are to be no tank tops, crop tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, exposed backs, short shorts/dresses or pants that expose undergarments or mid-drift or very tight-fitting. Shirts with messages must not be offensive. Please make sure all clothing is freshly laundered!)
All Participating students must sign a copy of these policies upon registration, this is an excellent time to stress to our school age children the importance of a contract, and what their signature means.