Sugar Creek Christian Home Educators is a Christian Homeschool Private Support Group with the following goals:
- To support and encourage families in the efforts of teaching at home and to cooperate in areas of mutual interest whether activity or educational opportunity.
- To offer educational and social opportunities for our children.
- To establish a link in a chain for information to be passed on to individual home school families from the state-wide organization (Texas Home School Coalition) and from regional organizations.
- To educate and encourage action which would protect and further our legal rights to teach our own children.
- Provide support, encouragement, and training for homeschool parents.
- Provide orientation and support opportunities for new homeschoolers.
- Provide fellowship opportunities for SCCHE students and parents.
- Organize and supervise SCCHE S.T.A.R. extracurricular program for SCCHE members.
- Organize other pertinent educational programs and activities for members.
- Provide information for SCCHE members to pursue standardized testing for their children.
- Serve as a link between homeschoolers and local, state (THSC), and national (HSLDA) home school organizations.
- Maintain an information network to update SCCHE members of time sensitive information.
- Encourage and facilitate leadership development opportunities for parents and students.
- Provide a graduation ceremony for graduating seniors.
For more information about or joining SCCHE please contact the current SCCHE President at [email protected].