First, Sugar Creek Christian Home Educators is Christian. All that we do is built upon the foundation of the Lordship of Jesus Christ over heaven and earth. There is but one God, and he has been revealed in his written Word (the Bible), and in the living Word (Jesus Christ). God is central, not man; God’s glory is the purpose of history, not man’s glory. All people have rebelled against the God of heaven and deserve eternal punishment. Jesus Christ, his life of perfect obedience (righteousness), his substitutionary death on the cross, and his resurrection to new life, are necessary for the hope of any man to stand before the God of heaven on the day of judgment, and our only hope of eternity with God. These tenets of faith define our unity as believers under the auspices of SCCHE.
Second, SCCHE is about Homeschooling. That is our purpose. We come together as families committed to the education of our children through homeschooling endeavors, and all that we do as an organization focuses upon that end. We limit our activities and involvements to fit this purpose.
Third, SCCHE members associate together in order to jointly serve so that we might reap the benefits of enhancing the education of our children. We do not expect a few to serve while others reap the benefits. All are expected to give of themselves, their gifting and talents, in order to share the effort of making all that we do as SCCHE successful.
SCCHE Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes completed and final revelation. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details. (II Tim. 3:16, Matt. 5:17-18, II Peter 1:19-21)
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son (Col. 2:9, Jn. 10:30, Phil. 2:5-10), and God the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:2, Joel 2:28-29, Jn. 14:16-17, Jn. 14:26, Jn. 15:26, Jn. 16:7-14). Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man except without sin. (Jn. 1:1-14, II Cor. 5:21)
- All men are in violation of God's righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and by act, and therefore are under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man's sin through substitutionary death on the cross - the successful accomplishment which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection. (Rom. 3:10-26, I Cor. 15:12-22, II Cor. 5:14-21)
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone. (Rom. 6:23, Eph. 2:1-10, II Cor. 5:14-21)
- We hold as belief and conviction that children are given by God as a stewardship to the parent and not the state and that parents have the wherewithal and authority to teach and educate their own children. (Prov. 22:6; Deut. 6:6-7; Eph. 6:4, Mal. 2:15, Ps. 127:3-5).
For more information about or joining SCCHE please contact the current SCCHE President at email@example.com.