Looking for Homeschool Classes for your Kids?
Every homeschool family is beautifully unique! And every homeschool co-op has its own unique qualities, too! Wings is a 501c3 non-profit, a Christian environment and meets on Thursdays twice a month, from 1:00-4:00 pm, in Maple Grove. We have classes for ages 6 months to 14 years (age Sept 1). While you're searching for the right group for your family, consider what makes Wings different from other co-ops in the area!
1. Drop-off Classes. After signing your kids into their classes with kind, attentive, loving tutors and helpers, you have 3 hours for running errands, getting some work done, grabbing groceries, or taking some alone time at a coffee shop. We know all homeschool moms need a break! You can rest assured that your students are getting energy-filled instruction in a loving environment while you take time to re-charge.
2. Classes have NO homework. Our classes (art, gym and STEM) are enrichment classes and they will fit with whatever you are doing at home. While tutors may encourage extra exploration of a topic at home, nothing is "required" which means you can focus on your own curriculum, or use the class topic as a launching point for more discovery at home, but you'll have NO stress about getting extra homework done at home.
3. NO prep. NO teaching. Wings is unique because we provide paid tutors who teach all our classes. This means tuition may be higher than other co-ops, but it also means that you do not have to prepare class material or be the main instructor. All parents are asked to volunteer for 1 history class and 1-2 art class(es) during the entire year. This is a great chance to view the class in action and you'll just be an extra set of hands for the tutor, should they need papers passed out or white boards cleaned off.
4. Allergy-sensitive. We take great care in making sure our students are safe when they are at Wings. We give our members a list of snacks that are "safe" for our students who have moderate to severe allergies/sensitivities.
5. Convenient location! Wings meets in Maple Grove, conveniently located off 94 W and Maple Grove Parkway, with Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Starbucks and Caribou nearby. Easy to get to from Plymouth, Osseo, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Corcoran, Rogers, and other surrounding areas.
6. Exciting and Engaging classes! Our tutors are hand-picked and are simply outstanding! Class sizes are limited, so students are able to get personal attention and can learn in the way that is best for them!
*Our STEM class provides opportunities each week to solve problems in teams and compete while learning about various concepts in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
*Our Art class focus will be announced in April. Previous years - - focuses on sculpture this year. It is the art of creating 3-dimensional shapes and forms. Students will be introduced to special tools, methods, and materials to create sculpture by hand. Each student will have an opportunity to learn and develop skills and experiences that will enable them to create at a higher level. This course is designed to appeal to the "non-artist" as well as the natural artist!
*Our Gym class consists of fun activities (like dodgeball, basketball, capture the football, soccer) as well as learning important skills such as sportsmanship, attitude, leadership, and more. Whether your student is extremely athletic or dreads sports, our tutor makes this class enjoyable for all!
*Younger students (ages 3-6) spend most their time in their classroom, with their tutors and helpers. Our classrooms are bright and fun, and perfect for our youngest students. Hands-on learning includes story time, crafts, engaging instruction, playtime, storytime, and snack time. Preschoolers have large-motor activities in their classroom, and 5/6 class kids have phy-ed with our gym tutor.
*Ages 3-4 explore the "Letter of the Day," or "Creation" in 2 year rotation and at the end of year, all that has been learned can be added to a binder to create a beautiful keepsake! They also learn to report on the weather and share "show and tell" items, do art/craft projects and have fun with their classmates and tutors!
*Ages 5-6 classes have a theme (example: country of Italy) and all the day's activities circulate around the theme (tutors dress up in clothes from that country, students color the country's flag, story time is from that country, etc). Students have tons of fun while learning lots of new things!
7. Yearbooks. At the end of the year, all students have the option to purchase a bright, colorful yearbook to remember their adventures in homeschooling! The yearbook is completely optional, but it's a great addition to your memory box! Parents submit the pictures and information they want included, and Wings compiles all the pages into a beautifully bound and professionally printed book!
8. Mom Support. Every fall, we host a special Moms' Tea for moms to connect and hear from the tutors. It's a beautiful way to kick off the school year and an unforgettable event!
9. Field trips! Throughout the year, we will have opportunities for field trips as a group. These are totally optional, parent-initiated, and a lot of fun!
10. Affordable! We work very hard to keep our prices as affordable as possible. You can expect to spend about $250 per student per school year. This averages out to less than $20 per week, per child. Families can split payments in half: half due in September, and the second due in January. For exact class prices, just request more information below!
Think Wings might be a good fit for your family?
For more information and more details, please contact us!
- Registrar: Holly Jenson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-442-6085.
Director: Jill Schwarz at Jillo1987@yahoo.com (612-636-8955)
Ready to join? In addition to contacting Holly, please do this: Request Membership by clicking on the upper right corner "join" of this page. Fill in all info and write down the password you choose for easier access later. Thanks!
Registration opens in May every year and classes begin in September!
DATES FOR 2017/2018 - -
Tentative dates for next year, 2018-19 are:
For Fall -
Sept 6 and 20
October 4 and 18
November 1 and 15
Back up date – Dec 6 is pending
For Spring -
Jan 17 and 31
February 7 and 21
March 7 and 21
Back up date - April 18 is pending
CLASSES ARE FILLING FAST, PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP IF YOU HAVE INTEREST IN WINGS!