Statement of Faith
The GCCHSA believes:
- The Bible, defined as the Old and New Testaments and consisting of 66 books, is the inspired and only infallible Word of God, inerrant in the original autographs, and the only rule of faith and practice.
- God is one being, existing eternally as three persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is, in the flesh, fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- All men are sinful in nature and therefore under God’s condemnation. Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for sin by His death and bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is the gift of God. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. This salvation is received through faith and not as a result of good works.
- Jesus Christ will come again to judge the world and to receive into the presence of God all those who have believed in Him.
- There is a present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.