Want to be an FCCT Tutor?
First Class Clackamas Teens does not hire teachers, rather we provide a space for tutors to share their gifts and knowledge! All our tutors are self-employed. You set the parameters for your class, you set the fees based on our guidelines (noted below).
Homeschooling works in part because it encourages a love of learning.
We want to keep that love of learning alive by inviting you to tutor a class on something you feel passionate about.
It can be almost anything!
Please keep these class concepts in mind:
CORE classes will have higher expectations of students, parents and tutors, and are meant to be our academic courses. CORE classes are typically year-long and scheduled 1st and 2nd periods (but can be scheduled to fit a tutor's needs).
ELECTIVE classes are your fun, more laid-back classes that are not necessarily academically focused. These classes are scheduled 3rd and 4th periods. Student-taught classes also are considered ELECTIVES.
Requirements to Tutor at FCCT
- Must sign a basic evangelical Christian statement of faith. This is required for all teachers and leaders and is included in our Tutor Application.
- Pass a background check. Every teacher must pass a background check. A small fee may be is attached.
- Be committed to your classes, and your students. Tutors must be committed to show up for every class and do their best not to not cancel. We understand some things are out of our control. If you must be away during a class day, please schedule a substitute tutor for your classes. FCCT may have substitute volunteers; please check with a Leadership Team member.
- Communicate with Parents. You will be assigned a Tutor account on FCCT's website. As students sign up for classes, you will automatically be sent a class roster list. The rosters will contain parent and student contact information. You will also have access to a class forum for communication. Before each term starts, tutors are required to reach out to parents informing them of class requirements and needs, etc.
- Non-compete. After you submit your application, if we find that we already have a similar class being offered, we may ask you to change it up a bit, so that we have better variety and so that tutors won't be "competing" with the same classes.
- Attend Mandatory Teacher Meetings. Good communication is key to a successful team! We don't meet very often, but when we do, we ask that all tutors be present. Typically, we will meet once at the beginning of each term.
- Fees. Tutors set their own tuition fees that parents pay directly to them. Tuitions are based on the class type; core or elective. Our core classes range from $100 to $140; depending on the work needed in setting up and organizing each class day. Our elective classes range from $80 to $100.
- Post Fees As Paid. Each tutor is responsible for issuing receipts for tuitions paid. FCCT's website has an accounting option to post tuitions as paid; this documents each tuition paid within the parent's Statement of Account, deducting from their balance. There is also an option to send a receipt via email to the parent per fee paid. If the website accounting system is not used, as a tutor you are responsible for keeping track of your own fees collected and issuing receipts to the parents.
Submit an FCCT Tutor Application
If you aren't a current or previous tutor, you will need to submit an FCCT Tutor Application. Simply fill out the application linked below! This form can also be accessed from your FCCT account Profile, if you are a current member. We will review it and get back to you!
If you are not a current member of FCCT (no students attending), please also contact our Co-Directors here: Attn: FCCT Co-Directors
Submit an FCCT Class Proposal
Have a class idea you would like to tutor? To submit a proposed class topic, complete the form linked below. This form can also be accessed from your FCCT account Profile, if you are a current member. If approved, we will get it listed on the class schedule for the interested term.
First Class Clackamas Teens
reserves the right to deny any application