Links to Sites With Information about Home Study Law in Georgia
This list is by no means exhaustive. The sources contain accurate and sufficient information for you to be aware of the law and legal help available to you as you pursue a home study program. It should provide enough information to begin a home study program.
Home School Legal Defense Association - Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms. Through annual memberships, HSLDA is tens of thousands of families united in service together, providing a strong voice when and where needed.
HSLDA advocates on the legal front, on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures, and in the media for the progress of homeschooling.
More about HSLDA - Includes general information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Homeschool Legal Advantage - HLA is an outreach of the Christian Law Association (CLA). The CLA has faithfully served churches and families since 1969, and has successfully defended over 8,000 educational freedom-related cases.
In recent years, the CLA has actively assisted an ever increasing number of homeschooling families. In 2009, the CLA assembled a dedicated team of homeschool parents, homeschool graduates and attorneys to form Homeschool Legal Advantage – a division specifically charged with protecting the rights of homeschoolers, and providing practical advice regarding home education and compliance with homeschool laws. Today, the HLA team includes a large group of full-time attorneys and an additional 200+ affiliated attorneys throughout the United States.
Summary of Georgia Home Study Law - By Homeschool Legal Advantage
A clear, concise summary of the law and general tips for protecting yourself from legal action as you operate your home study program.
Georgia Home Education Association - The Georgia Home Education Association is a network of home education families and support groups dedicated to observing the Biblical commands for parents to train their children. The purpose of the association is:
- To aid in the creation and growth of home education support groups throughout Georgia.
- To provide information regarding the legal climate of home education in Georgia and in our nation.
- To protect the freedoms of home educators in Georgia and in our nation.
- To establish an effective grass roots network to be able to take immediate action to fight legislation harmful to the family and home education.
- To assist home schoolers in locating supports groups in their area.
- To publish a state newsletter and conduct periodic state home education conventions and other educational/training opportunities.
- To direct families coming into or leaving Georgia in terms of support groups and laws governing home education.
- To provide families new to home education with basic resources and information about home education.
- To honor the Lord Jesus Christ and advance His kingdom.
HEIR of Georgia - A statewide, all-volunteer organization working to ensure that the people of Georgia and their government recognize home study, freely practiced in its diverse forms, as a legitimate choice and value it as a positive force for improving the quality of education.
We are non-partisan and non-sectarian.
This site includes information about Georgia Cyber Academy, accreditation, legislative information, a history of home education in Georgia, and information about school officials requiring too much information on intent forms.