To become a member of the Catoosa Home Education Association (CHEA), please read the instructions below and complete each of the three steps. Please note: Each step must be completed for you to become a member and to have access to the CHEA web site. Current renewing members must complete steps 2 and 3 only.
Step 1: Fill out the information on the Request Membership link.
If the link in Step 1 does not work, you can access the Request Membership page by selecting the icon at the top of the page. It will look like a person with a plus sign next to it.
Current renewing members do not need to complete this step because they currently have access to the member section of the website.
Step 2: Fill out Membership I-Form and submit. Please note that by submitting the
I-Form you are sending your electronic signature which is required to join our group.
Step 3: Mail a check (made payable to CHEA) to:
P.O. BOX 985
Ringgold, GA 30736
Dues are as follows:
- $30 - Regular Rate Renewals & New Members June 1st - July 31st.
- $25 - Early Renewals for current members received May 1st - May 31st.
- $15 - January 1st - July 31st
Volunteer discount: A current member who served as a volunteer coordinator in
the previous year will receive a $5 discount for the new year. Please note your volunteer
position on your check.
Note: All memberships expire July 31st.
Note: Membership will not be approved until dues are received. Once approved, you will be able to view the member section of the website. Please note that the CHEA Board of Directors has the right to deny any membership application for any reason.
Print your membership card directly from the website. The membership cards for the new year will be available after August 1. To print your card, select "Membership Card" from the list to the left of the page. Directory Updates can be viewed on the website on the "Families" page.
- Online directory of members
- Membership card which can be used for educator discounts at local merchants
- Admission to members only CHEA parties and certain field trips
- Discount on field trips open to non-members
- Discount on HSLDA membership
- Member preference for limited class size events. Many of our activities are for members only!
- Access to member-only section of the website. This will allow you to look at the member directory, post classifieds, create your own families web page, post in the discussion forum, check and print the calendar for field trips and events listed, and more
- Receive weekly emails on changes that have been made on the web site
- Support area homeschoolers - Thank you members!