ITBS Testing May 17-19,2023
Iowa Assessment Test at Lighthouse
This is an approved test for Eta Sigma Alpha Homeschool Honor Society as well as a TEA approved test for students re-entering public schools.
ATTENTION: You must order tests from BJU Press. The sign up below is for the testing service and does not include the test. All tests must be purchased through a test provider and delivered to the testing facility for the test date.
When: May 17th-19th
Where: STEP (Ridgewood Church) in Port Arthur, 2920 Lake Arthur Dr.
Who: All students in grades 3-8
Cost: $45* /student for full battery ($35* for Core Tests only) (Full test required for NHSHS and most ISDs)
*Lighthouse members receive $5 discount on each testing session.
The Iowa Assessment is used nationwide and is among the Texas approved group-administered achievement tests. While testing is not required at any level in Texas private schools, this test is useful for record-keeping in the event a change in circumstances requires a student to have a standardized test record. Parents and teachers use the standardized achievement battery to learn supplementary information useful in choosing curriculum and lesson planning. The test administrators are approved through the test publisher by demonstrating minimum requirement education, experience and/or certification. The Form E test, which is an approved TEA test is common core aligned and is the form we offer beginning in 2019 because Forms A and C will no longer be available, nor are they on the TEA list of approved group administered tests. *
Veronica Pedraza is the primary and supervisory test administrators. Depending on the number of registrants, there may be need for a qualified proctor to assist.
Veronica has adminstered the Iowa Test semi-annually for the past 26 years.
- Testing periods are between 2 and 3 hours each on 3 days, depending on the age of the students and the number and length of breaks necessary to keep students comfortable.
- Two number 2 pencils with good erasers, a sharpener, a large eraser and a snack will be needed each day.
- We do not recommend the entire battery be taken in fewer than 3 days, therefore will administer only the core portion if a shorter testing period is necessary.
- If a parent chooses to test only the core components as opposed to the entire battery, the testing may require only 2 days.
- The approximate testing schedule will be emailed to participants within a week prior to testing.
- We can administer the CogAT (Gognitive Abilities Test) if there are at least 5 students testing. It will be administered in short segments after a 30 minute lunch on the testing days. Please inquire if you would like to add this test for your child(ren)
Please contact us if you have questions or need more information. email@example.com
Ordering Your Tests
Be sure to order test form E from BJU Press
TESTS MUST BE ORDERED BY April 20, OR EXPEDITED SHIPPING WILL BE NECESSARY AT AN EXTRA COST. (Please call BJU Press with questions.)
- Go to BJUPress.com and login to your account (you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.)
- Choose your form E test level based upon current grade (age may be a further consideration.)
- Select the form E test(s) using test administrator number: 1067953 (Veronica Pedraza) and enter test dates.
- The tests will be sent directly to the test administrator you select by entering the number above. (Any supplementary/preparatory items will be sent to your address.)
The results of the test will be sent directly to your account information. Test administrators do not have access to your student's test information. If you require assistance in evaluating the test results, please contact us at Lighthouse Educational Services and we can arrange a group informational meeting to help you understand and use the test information.
Download Liability Waiver
Here are some additional practice opportunities to help your child make the most of this time: https://www.testingmom.com/tests/itbs-test/, https://www.testingmom.com/cpc/practice-for-the-itbs-test/
*The commissioner of education provides an annual list to school districts and charter schools of state-approved, group-administered achievement tests that test publishers certify meet the requirements of TEC §39.032 as required by Section 101.101 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC). This section defines an assessment instrument required under the TEC §39.032 as a nationally normed achievement test that is group administered and reported publicly in the aggregate. Tests given for a special purpose, such as program placement or individual evaluation, are not included in this definition.