SCCHE Special Needs
If you are currently homeschooling a child who is at least 7 years old and has a significant disability, SCCHE would like to invite your entire family to a back-to-school event. There is no charge and you do not have to be a member of SCCHE to participate, but you must register.
The event will be held on:
Friday, August 3, 2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Family Vision Library
2020 Parkway Dr., St Peters, MO 63376
There will be no sit down lectures, and you do not have to stay the entire time. You and your family will be able to browse through several stations. We will have:
- Reading station, where you can talk to our reading specialist Suzanne Heck
- Math station, where you can talk to our math specialist Beth Porch
- Sensory bins for your children to explore, where you can talk to Margaret Porch about sensory integration
- Information on community resources
- A light meal will be served (no charge for this).
- You will have time to get to know other families who are also homeschooling a child with a disability.
Questions? Please contact Carita Crain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open -- feel free to share this information with others who might be interested. Deadline for registration is July 23rd.
Even though this is a free event, please register so we can plan and prepare accordingly. Thank you!