Welcome to SCCHE Bands
WELCOME TO SCCHE BANDS
The SCCHE band offers classes for beginners, intermediate, concert band and swing band for any student 10 years old or older. This traditional band setting teaches instruments such as flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, and percussion (bell kit). All ensembles perform at the end of fall and spring semesters.
Students who are interested in signing up for the program should register, on the SCCHE website. All fees will be paid to the St. Charles Christian Home Educators Association. For more information contact Cheryl Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Rob Duss, has taught instrumental music in Missouri public and private schools for 35 years – and counting. His education includes a Master of Music Ed. from VanderCook College of Music, Chicago, and Bachelor of Music from Culver-Stockton College, Canton, Missouri. He also teaches private lessons and serves as a clinician and adjudicator throughout the St. Louis area. You may contact him at email@example.com.
All students must supply their own instrument and all the proper accessories such as; reeds, valve oil, slide oil, etc. Each student must also bring their own folding music stand to class.
Beginning Band students must also purchase “Measures of Success” - book 1, published by FJH Publications for the instrument that they intend to learn. This book may be purchased at most local music stores.
Intermediate Band students must also purchase “Measures of Success” - book 2, published by FJH Publications for their instrument. This will be used for the 2nd semester and may be purchased at most local music stores.
Concert Band students' book is to be announced.
SCCHE Band Schedule 2019-20
- Beginning Band; Tuesday, 12:30 – 1:45 at Liberty Church, 709 Crestview Dr., O'Fallon, MO
- Intermediate Band; Tuesday, 11:00 – 12:15 at Liberty Church
- Concert Band; Wednesday, 12:30 – 1:45 at Grace Community Chapel, 7661 Mexico Rd., St. Peters, MO
- Swing Band; Wednesday, 2:00 – 3:15 at Grace Community Chapel
- Pre-Band; Tuesday, 2:00 – 3:00 at Liberty Church- (Spring Semester Only)
- Wednesday, August 7 - Beginning Band Instrument Display from 12:00-4:00 (Come anytime during the afternoon to try instruments) - Liberty Christian Church, 709 Crestview Dr., O'Fallon, MO
- Tuesday, August 13 & Thursday, August 15 Beginning/Intermediate Band Camp Liberty Church, O'Fallon
- 8:30-9:30 Beginning Flutes
- 9:30-10:30 Beginning Clarinets/Saxophones
- 10:30-11:30- Beginning Brass (Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone)
- 11:30-12:30 Beginning Percusion (Bell Kits)
- 1:00-2:00 Intermediate Band (2nd and 3rd Year students - all instruments)
- Wednesday, August 14 Band Camp - Concert and Swing Band
- 8:30-10:00 Concert Band
- 10:15-11:45 Ambassadors of Swing
- Tuesday, August 20 - Start 1st Semester Rehearsals
- Monday, December 9 - All Bands, Christmas Concert, Location to be determined
- Wednesday, December 11 - Concert & Swing Band to play at Twin Oaks Nursing Home, 1:00
- Tuesday, January 7 – Start 2nd Semester Rehearsals
- Tuesday, January 7- Pre-Band Starts
- Tuesday, March 3 & Wednesday, March 4 - Spring Break- No Bands will meet
- Spartan Music Festival, Missouri Baptist University - Concert Band and Ambassadors of Swing Only (Date to be announced)
- Ambassadors of Swing to play at First Baptist Church O'Fallon, MO - Date to be announced
- Monday, May 4– All Bands, Spring Concert 6:30 Location to be determined
- Wednesday, May 6 - Concert and Swing Bands to play at Twin Oaks 1:00