Support CFS Poway
CFS Poway is a non-profit organization with 501c3 designation from the IRS. Our mission is to support those who wish to privately homeschool their children. Homeschooling is a financial sacrifice for many families because instead of working outside the home, one parent stays at home with the children all day. This is a wonderful benefit to the family!!
As funds are available, we endeavor to make scholarships available to privately homeschooling families in our group who are hurting financially. We have been able to waive membership fees for those whose primary breadwinner is unemployed. We have also given fieldtrip vouchers to help defray the cost of extracurricular learning activities. If you would like to contribute toward our “Scholarship Fund” there are several ways to do so.
1) Box Tops for Education
Cut out “Box Tops for Education” from many manufacturers and bring to any co-op or park day and put in the designated collection jar.
Do you shop at Vons or dine at Claim Jumper or a variety of other restaurants? With a simple sign up, you could be earning money to help support CFS Poway.eScrip provides us with a vehicle for simple, year-round fundraising.
Here's How it Works
You register any one or all of your existing grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards for use in the program. Participating merchants will make contributions to CFS Poway, based on purchases made by you, just by using the cards you have registered. Purchases totals are available online, so you can see how much you are earning! Check out the website. www.escrip.com
· Christian Family Schools of Poway * Group ID # 500015962
3) Matching Funds From Employers
Some companies offer matching contributions to the non-profit organization of your choice. Check with your employer to see if CFS Poway can be designated as the recipient of your donations with a company match.
4) Cash Donation
You may make a donation of any amount with cash or check. Give it to any board member or mail it to CFS Poway Treasurer P.O. Box 1824 Poway, CA 92074
5) Other Charitable Homeschool Organizations
There are a number of non-profit homeschool related organizations that need our help in order to provide their services. Here are just a few:
· Family Protection Ministries is in particular need of support. This organization plays a vital role in maintaining our homeschool freedoms here in California. For more information, go to their link http://www.pheofca.org/donate.html
· HSLDA’s Homeschool Foundation assists families who have severe financial challenges such as widows. Go to http://www.homeschoolfoundation.org/ for more information.
· Christian Home Educators of California or CHEA depends on donations to survive. Their website is http://www.cheaofca.org/