Pennyroyal Area Christian Home Educators of Kentucky
Constitution and By-Laws
Statement of Purpose
Section 1.1 Purpose
The purpose of Pennyrile Area Christian Home Educators of Kentucky (PACHEK) is to support area families who are exercising their God-given right and responsibility to educate their children.
Section 2.1 Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of PACHEK shall begin on the first day of July and end on the last day of the following June.
Statement of Faith
Section 1. Preface
There are many precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this statement is not intended to be a complete statement of doctrine. Rather, it is a statement of beliefs that are considered to be necessary and sufficient to lay the foundation for our mutual support of each other as we bring up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
Section 2. Statement
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error, the final authority for all faith and life (2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Tim. 3:16).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14; Matt. 28:19; John 14:16-17).
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and His atoning death through His shed blood on the cross. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is our advocate with the Father (Phil. 2:6-11; John 1:14).
4. We believe that mankind is sinful and in need of salvation and that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for those who believe. Only those who repent of their sins and receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God (Luke 24:23; John 11:25-26; Eph. 2:8-9; 2 Cor. 5:21).
5. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service (Acts 1:8; Rom. 8:26-27; John 16:13).
6. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning, and that is marriage sanctioned by God, which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, covenantal union. We believe that God intends for sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (Gen. 2:23-25; 1 Cor. 7:2-5; Eph. 5:25-32).
7. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexual conduct, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, any use of pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God (1 Cor. 6:13-20) .
8. We believe that God is the Grand Designer and Creator of the universe and that all life is created by God. (Gen. 1:1-31).
9. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church, (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:18-25; Exodus 20:14; Matthew 19:3-12; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4).
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that those individual doctrinal differences which may exist, outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators (Psalm 133:1; 1 Cor. 12:27; 1 Cor. 12:12; Rom. 12:4-5; Eph. 4:12-13; John 17:22).
ARTICLE III- The Steering Committee
Section 1. Governing Authority
The governing body of PACHEK shall be known as its Steering Committee. The Steering Committee shall have the authority to do all things necessary and proper to lead and operate the group.
Section 2. Composition and Duties
The Steering Committee shall consist of at least five members and shall include the following offices: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Cooperative Coordinator. Additional Steering Committee members shall fill Coordinator positions.
- Section 2.i. President
- The president shall supervise the operations and affairs of the group. The president shall preside at all Steering Committee meetings and general meetings. He/she may sign, with any other Steering Committee member, any contracts or other instruments with the Steering Committee has authorized to be executed. He/she will serve new homeschoolers and respond to inquiries about homeschooling.
- Section 2.ii. Vice President
- The vice president shall assist the president in his/her responsibilities, to include presiding over the Steering Committee and general meetings when the president is absent. The Vice President shall be considered next in line for the Presidency.
- Section 2.iii. Secretary
- The Secretary shall keep minutes of the Steering Committee meetings and disseminate copies to the Steering Committee Members following each meeting. He/she shall maintain PACHEK membership records, copies of all governing documents, and a backup of website files.
- Section 2.iv. Treasurer
- The Treasurer shall manage and oversee all funds and securities of PACHEK. He/she shall provide an annual budget for approval by the committee. He/she shall work closely with the Secretary to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner. He/she shall provide a report at the regular Steering Committee meetings and any other treasury reports as required by the president or Steering Committee. He/she shall develop and enforce strong internal controls and financial manangement policies.
- Section 2.v. Coordinators
- Coordinators shall be chosen from among the Steering Committee and PACHEK members in good standing. A Coordinator is responsible to the President for his/her area(s) of operation within PACHEK. The cooperative and field trip coordinators must be members of the Steering Committee. Other coordinators may be invited to become members of the Steering Committee, provided they meet the necessary qualifications.
- Section 2.vi. Members at Large
- Steering Members at Large shall be additional leadership support to help in whatever capacity they are willing and is needed.
Section 3. Qualifications
Members of the Steering Committee holding the offices of Secretary, Treasurer, or Coordinator shall be homeschooling parents with at least one year of homeschooling experience and shall be members in good standing of PACHEK. The President and Vice President must have two years of homeschooling experience and be members in good standing of PACHEK. All Steering Committee members shall view homeschooling as a personal direction from the Lord, and their spouses shall support homeschooling. They shall be fruit-bearing Christians. It shall be evident that they instruct their children in righteousness, and their children shall bear testimony of submission to the parents' authority. Each member to the Steering Committee must affirm by signature before the Steering Committee his/her concurrence with the PACHEK Statement of Faith.
Section 4. Terms of Service
Each member of the Steering Committee shall be invited and included by unanimous consent of the Steering Committee for a term of one year renewable annually. A person may hold more than one office.
Section 5. Vacancies
Vacancies in the Steering Committee shall be filled by special invitation and unanimous consent by the Steering Committee.
Section 6. Delegation of Authority
The Steering Committee may delegate to one or more of its members, agents, or committees such powers and duties as it may deem appropriate and proper. In the absence of such delegation, no single member of the Steering Committee shall have the authority to act for the Steering Committee. Each member of the Steering Committee shall have co-equal status. Each member shall have the right to participate and give or withhold consent on all matters coming before the Steering Committee.
Section 7. Compensation
Members of the Steering Committee may only be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred in the maintenance of their duties. The Steering Committee may set the amount of reimbursement to be preauthorized. Steering members shall also have their membership dues waived for years served.
Section 8. Removal
Any Steering Committee member may be removed by unanimous consent of all the other members of the Steering Committee.
ARTICLE IV- Meetings of the Steering Committee
Section 1. Quorum
The quorum of all meetings of the Steering Committee, whether regular or special, shall be fifty percent of the Steering Committee members, one of which will include the President or Vice President.
Section 2. Regular Meetings
Regular meetings of the Steering Committee shall be held as often as the committee determines for evaluation and planning at times and places established by the Steering Committee.
Section 3. Special Meetings
Special meetings of the Steering Committee shall be held at an agreed upon time and place. All the Steering committee members shall be notified. The President shall call such a meeting.
Section 4. Consensus
All questions and actions before the Steering Committee must be approved by the majority of members present.
ARTICLE V- Group Members
Section 1. Membership
PACHEK is a membership organization. Membership is open for all families interested in homeschool and who desire to raise their children in a Christian atmosphere. Members are required to adhere to the Policy and Procedures of the group. Homeschooling parents may obtain membership in PACHEK by remitting annual membership dues and an annual membership form. Members join with the understanding that any PACHEK sponsored activity will be in keeping with the group's Statement of Faith and Release of Liability.
Section 2. Rights and Privileges
Members of PACHEK shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of membership as established by the Steering Committee.
Section 3. Duties and Responsibilities
Members agree to abide by all the policies and procedures of the group as established by the Steering Committee.
Section 4. Termination of Membership
Membership of any member may be involuntarily terminated by unanimous consent of the Steering Committee.
ARTICLE VI- Dissolution
In the event that PACHEK should be dissolved for any reason, all liabilities and obligations of the group shall be discharged in accordance with Christian responsibility and stewardship. All assets of the group, if, any, shall be transferred to another charitable or nonprofit home education organization selected by unanimous consent of the Steering Committee.
ARTICLE VII- Adoption and Amendment of the Constitution
With the exception of Articles VI and VII, which are irrevocable and not subject to amendment, this Constitution shall be adopted by unanimous consent of the current members involved in the PACHEK Steering Committee meeting. After adoption, the Constitution can only be amended by unanimous consent of the entire Steering Committee.
Ratified by the unanimous consent of the members present on June 14, 2005.
Updated and ratified by the unanimous consent of the members July 2018 as witnessed by their signatures below: