EXPLANATION OF MEMBERSHIP
The General Board of Trustees is responsible for acting upon applications for membership in the Gloucester County Christian Home School Association (GCCHSA). Membership in the GCCHSA is available to home-schooling families that meet the qualifications stated in the By-Laws. These are:
Members of the GCCHSA are required to:
1. Sign the Statement of Faith and complete and return the Parent Participation Checklist.
2. Be a member of a local church that agrees with the GCCHSA Statement of Faith OR
provide a written testimony of salvation to the General Board of Trustees.
3. Pay annual dues.
4. Abide by the By-Laws and Policies governing the GCCHSA.
The Board recognizes that there are many issues that divide the Christian community and there are different doctrinal
views represented in the GCCHSA. The following is provided to further clarify the Statement of Faith and the
requirements for membership
The following is not meant to be comprehensive. The Board reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding
Membership in the GCCHSA is most likely not appropriate for potential applicants who personally accept or who belong
to a denomination or church that accepts:
1. The Apocryphal books as being part of the inspired Scriptures (e.g., the Roman Catholic
Church accepts the Apocrypha as second-tier Scripture). These books form the bases for
purgatory, prayers for the dead, and works as a means of salvation.
2. Books that extol prophets beyond the time frame of the New Testament, (e.g., the Church
of the Latter Day Saints Book of Mormon.)
3. Doctrines that deny either the trinity of God or the deity of Christ, (e.g., the doctrine of the
Unitarian Church and Jehovah’s Witnesses).