Any family is welcome to participate in this Co-op provided:
- There is room for more students. A waiting list will be maintained if the Co-op is filled to capacity.
- The Mother / Father agree to the Statement of Faith.
- The Family / Child agrees to complete the required assignments in their classes and be prepared for any in-class discussions or projects.
- The Mother / Father agree to add their talents / gifting / expertise to the Co-op.
- The Family / Child agrees to full-time attendance of each registered child including Opening assembly, three morning classes and Closing assembly. A parent will be on-site at all times with their children and available to help as needed throughout the morning; no drop-offs allowed.
- The Mother / Father are willing and able to fulfill the registration requirements listed below.
- Any problems, disputes, or hurt feelings will be dealt with according to Scripture, will not be discussed with uninvolved parties, and sincere attempts will be made with the conflict stewardship volunteer (when necessary) to reconcile the situation.
- In response to the Great Commission and in gratitude to our brethren on the mission field, any furloughing or returning missionary family will bypass the waiting list and have immediate access to enrollment in the Co-op. This gesture is extended in hopes that the Co-op might minister to the unique social needs of missionary children transitioning into the current culture.
The Excelsior! Board retains the right to refuse or rescind membership.
Checklist for Complete Registration
Annually, by the published deadline and PRIOR to signing up for classes, complete the Registration Form which includes:
- Agreement to the Statement of Faith (parent) - see the Forms page
- Family contact information including an email address
- Agree to abide by the Modesty Policy (each student 10 years & older AND parent) - see the Forms page
- Each student agrees to the Student Contract - see the Forms page
- Read entire Excelsior! website, including all links. This website replaces a handbook.
- Review Excelsior By-laws – see the Forms page
- A list of your family's names for nametags. A fee will be incurred to replace nametags.
- Allergy information for each family member
In addition, each family must:
- Submit or arrange payment of registration fees by the published deadline and PRIOR to signing up for classes (see below).
- Purchase and turn in supplies (see supply list below). This is due the first week of Co-op.
- Sign up for volunteer positions. Positions are filled on a first-come basis. Members who have not signed up for positions will be assigned accordingly.
Quarterly, prior to each session
- Submit class changes. Class rosters are filled on a first-come basis.
- Submit or arrange payment of registration fees (see below).
- Families with nursery/pre-school children: purchase and turn in supplies (see supply list below). This is due the first week of the session.
All the above requirements must be completed by the appropriate deadlines. Families that are not fully registered by the deadline will be dropped from all class rosters unless previous arrangements have been made with the Director. The next family on the waiting list will be invited to fill the emptied spot.
The deadline for all class changes is the end of the second class day of each session. NO EXCEPTIONS.
An official Drop Form must be submitted to the registrar when a family chooses to withdraw from the Co-op. No refunds will be provided. A family who fails to submit the Drop Form will continue to incur charges for attendance.
Note that these costs are subject to change. Session 1 fees are due by the published deadline each summer to reserve your family’s spot. Fees for Sessions 2 and 3 are due prior to the first day of the session.
- Registration fee of $47 per family, per session
- Additional fee of $5 per child (not to exceed $25 for a family), per session
- Each family is responsible for the supplies listed below.
- Supply fees, if applicable, are paid directly to the teacher, due the second day of class. No refunds. Click on the Class Registration link to review class descriptions for relevant supply fees for each class.
- $20 fee for all returned checks.
- Books and other supplies specific to individual classes should be purchased prior to the first day of class. Click on the Class Registration link to review class descriptions for necessary purchases.
All families with children in Infant or Toddler Nursery:
- 1 large box of snacks (graham crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, etc.)