All students will minimally require:
- a backpack or school bag
- pencils (please sharpen before coming each week)
- a pen
- paper and a notebook that has a place for handouts (most teachers prefer 3 ring binders with pocket inserts)
We also recommend they have:
- a small pencil sharpener
- hand sanitizer
Specific supplies and/or curriculum for each class are listed on the class's page.
Lunch Time at HSA:
- Each student will need to bring a lunch bag or lunch box.
- Students will not be able to use the refrigerator or microwave, so pack any cold items with a cold pack and do not send food that needs to be heated.
- Slices of pizza from Perris will be available to purchase each week. Please sign up and pay as you come in at the beginning of the day. All sign ups should be in by 10 am. Pepperoni and Cheese slices are available for $2 each. Other snacks and drinks will be available for purchase at our snack bar all day.
- Students should have a water bottle - especially for gym class; however, the students are not allowed to keep their water bottles on the table during class time as they can ruin the paperwork. They should try to get a drink (and use the bathroom) between classes.
- Students are encouraged to eat in designated areas, so we do not have food everywhere. They also must clean up their eating area when they are finished.
- Please talk to you kids about food allergies, and how some children must be kept away from certain food like dairy or eggs. We have a number of children with life-threatening food allergies including allergies to tree nuts and peanuts. Because tree nut and peanut reactions are often very severe, we have chosen to care for those children by being a NUT FREE ZONE. Please do not send ANY food items to HSA (lunches, snacks or treats) that contain ANY peanut or tree nut products. (Foods that are prepared in factories that process nuts are okay, but the item should not include nuts itself).
- Students may NOT eat or drink during class (unless the teacher suggests it).
- Snacks can be eaten between classes, but they should be non-messy snacks.