What is the process for joining HEARTS?
Because we are volunteer based, it is extremely helpful for interested families to utilize the information provided on our website prior to reaching out about membership.
We want to provide a clear outline of the steps to attend classes at HEARTS.
1.Read the FAQ pages for some basic information prior to applying or requesting information. Please be sure to understand the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, volunteer requirements, costs and general information. All information can be found in the FAQ section.
2. Click the "Request More Information/Apply Tab" at the top right: You may also click it here: Request more information/Apply (no fees are due unless membership is granted)
3. If there is space available for your age student and desired classes, you will be contacted by a membership coordinator. If we are not able to offer membership, we will send some other resources in our area to consider. We do call references at a time prior to an interview as well.
4.We will have a meeting with the student to answer his/her questions and get to know them as well.
Once a Member:
5.Upon approval, a $25 processing fee will be collected to cover website expenses for your membership (this is nonrefundable). You will then have access to our member-only site and be able to register for classes.
6.Register and pay class registration fees to HEARTS (includes student insurance, building fees/expenses, and other operational expenses).
Registration Payment Options:
To pay using Zelle, please set up a payment through your online banking (this is our preferred payment method)
To pay via PayPal: log-in, click "balance" and pay using PayPal button
To send payment by mail:
HEARTS for the Lord
P.O.. Box 283
Ashburn, VA 20146
7. Your instructors will reach out with their payment instructions. Your materials fee/tuition is paid directly to your instructor.
8. Parent/Guardian will complete our medical waiver/emergency contact form, liability waiver, and facility use waiver.
9. Parent/Guardian and student will complete our communicable disease waiver and Parent/Student Handbook Agreement.
10. Parent/Guardian will complete volunteer shift survey for the upcoming year (sent out around April of current school year).