Statement of Faith & Statement of Principles
Surprise Scholé Academy
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we hold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of Communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Statement of Principles
- Surprise Scholé Academy (SSA) is a Christian homeschool co-op committed to teaching from a biblical worldview, including presenting the gospel of our Lord as found in the Bible, both in word and deed, to our students. Those who are part of SSA are presumed to know Christ as their Savior.
- SSA believes that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from contraception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
- SSA believes that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26- 27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- SSA believes that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- SSA believes that in order to preserve the function and integrity of SSA and to provide a biblical role model to our students and the community, it is imperative that all members of SSA agree to not teach or live contrary to these statements on marriage, gender, and sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22.)
- SSA believes that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- SSA believes that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the policies of SSA.