Statement of Faith & Statement of Principles
Surprise Scholé Academy
Statement of Faith
We adhere to The Apostles' Creed of the ancient christian church. Written about 300 years after the birth of Christ, the Apostles’ Creed summarizes foundational Christian beliefs.
We believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian church,
the communion of the saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Statement of Principles
- Surprise Scholé Academy (SSA) is a Christian homeschool co-op committed to teaching from a biblical worldview, including presenting the gospel of our Lord as found in the Bible, both in word and deed, to our students. Those who are part of SSA are presumed to know Christ as their Savior.
- SSA believes that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from contraception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
- SSA believes that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26- 27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- SSA believes that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- SSA believes that in order to preserve the function and integrity of SSA and to provide a biblical role model to our students and the community, it is imperative that all members of SSA agree to not teach or live contrary to these statements on marriage, gender, and sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22.)
- SSA believes that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- SSA believes that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the policies of SSA.