Statement of Faith
The following is a statement of faith to which all members of ETC agree and hold to as they participate in the group. In addition, ETC members agree not to teach or proselytize in any way contrary to these statements.
It is our intent to provide our children with a distinctly Christian worldview, and we therefore agree to the following guiding beliefs:
1. We believe the Bible is the only infallible, inerrant Word of God and it is the final authority for all matters of faith and life.
2. We believe there is one God--eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the perfect deity and perfect humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His sacrificial death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His bodily return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but chose to sin and therefore is lost and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone are saved.
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and is received by personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, whose death on the cross paid the price for man's sin through His shed blood.
6. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict man of his sin, indwell, guide, instruct and empower men for godly life and service.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that marriage was ordained by God at creation as the sacred union of one biological man and one biological woman. (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:24) We believe therefore all sexual relations must be reserved for that union. We believe that any alteration or perversion of a one biological man and one biological woman union in marriage is sinful, and against God and His plan for humanity. (Leviticus 20) (Romans 1:18-32)
9. We believe the family is the basic institution created by God to include members related by birth, legal adoption or guardianship, or biblical marriage.
10. We believe in a literal six day creation by God, our Creator, as outlined in Genesis.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
Purity God calls us to lives of holiness, and to be pure of heart, mind, word and deed. We are to reserve sexual activity for the sanctity of marriage, a lifelong commitment before God between one biological man and one biological woman.
Sexual Identity – We believe that God created mankind in His image:male and female, sexually different but with equal personal dignity.Consequently, ETC members affirm their biological sex as either male or female and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their predominant biological sex.
Sexual Orientation – We believe that God created and ordered human sexuality to the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one biological man and one biological woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child.ETC Members affirm the sexual complementarity of man and woman and refrain from any behavior contrary to that affirmation.
Service God calls us to become responsible members of our community and the world through selfless acts that contribute to the welfare of others. ETC members commit to serving their fellow ETC members as well as the greater homeschooling community and public at large (non-members) through outreach and education about homeschooling and Christian education.
Stewardship God calls us to use our God-given time, talents, and money wisely. ETC is committed to being a good steward of its resources.
Integrity God calls us to live moral lives that demonstrate an inward motivation to do what is biblically right regardless of the cost. ETC members commit to live as Christ followers in thoughts, words and deeds.