Ellis County Christian Homeschool Organization (ECCHO) Dress code
ECCHO members should dress appropriately for any given activity and will be required to adhere to the following dress code for ALL ECCHO events, functions, programs, activities, classes, and sports teams.
1. Shorts and short skirts/dresses worn with shorts underneath must be at least fingertip length. (Standing with arms straight down at your sides, if your fingertips touch your bare legs, what you are wearing is too short.) Shorts, skirts, jeans, and pants with rips above the fingertip length will not be allowed unless tights are worn underneath so that bare skin is not showing.
2. The following will not be allowed: tank tops which allow bra straps to show; tube tops; tops or low-rise pants/shorts that allow the midriff to be seen; see-through or skin-tight clothing; clothing that shows cleavage; clothing with offensive pictures or slogans; or shorts, skirts, or pants with any kind of writing across the rear.
3. No parts of underwear may be showing at any time.
4. To honor our more conservative members, at co-ed water events, swimwear for girls and women should be a one-piece suit or tankini with an over-shirt (t-shirt or modest tank) and shorts. For boys and men, swim trunks and a t-shirt or tank.
5. Anyone violating this dress code may be asked to leave the event.
6. Any member of this organization that persists in violating this dress code will no longer be considered a member in good standing.
7. ECCHO Formal Events that require formal attire guidelines: Each student is expected to arrive at the event in modest, God-honoring, and formal attire. Students do have the opportunity to express their own personal style and have fun with the dress choices available to them within the ECCHO dress code guidelines.
a. Gentlemen are encouraged to wear trousers or slacks. Starched jeans in black or khaki are allowed. Collared, button-up shirts and neckties are required. Jackets are encouraged, but not required. Dress shoes, dress boots, or clean shoes are required. Clothing Items not permitted at ECCHO Formal Events (for the gentlemen): t-shirts, jeans, athletic jackets, team jackets, letter jackets, windbreakers, casual coats, farm/work boots, baseball caps, flip flops, and open-toed shoes.
b.Ladies are encouraged to wear long gowns, but this is not required. No strapless or halters allowed. Straps must be over the shoulders and at least one inch wide. Gowns must have a modest neckline and a modest backline. A modest neckline means no cleavage is showing. Undergarments, top, and bottom, should be present, but not visible. Skirts and blouses may be worn so long as with arms fully extended overhead the midriff remains completely covered at all times. In regards to dresses with slits up the leg - the slit must not be higher than the knee. Dressy shoes, dressy sandals, dressy boots, or clean shoes are required. Clothing Items not permitted at ECCHO Formal Events - t-shirts, jeans, farm/work boots, casual shoes, or flip flops. Full body coverage from a modest neckline and shoulders to below fingertip length bottom is required.
c. NOT PERMITTED at ECCHO Formal Events: flip flops, farm/work boots, dirty clothing or shoes, dresses with cutouts in the required coverage areas, dresses with plunging necklines, completely bare shoulders, halters, and exposed lower backs - this includes cutouts with sheer fabric. If panels are added to dresses to meet the dress code the material used should not be sheer or see-through. Dresses shorter than fingertip length - same as standard dress code - standing with arms straight down at your sides, if your fingertips touch your bare legs, what you are wearing is too short.
Please see the illustration below for reference.
Dress Code Revised and Adopted by the ECCHO Board of Directors 11/8/2022