Ellis County Christian Homeschool Organization (ECCHO) Dress code
ECCHO members should dress appropriately for any given activity and will be required to adhere to the following dress code for ALL ECCHO events, functions, programs, activities, classes, and sports teams.
1. Shorts and short skirts/dresses worn with shorts underneath must be at least fingertip length. (Standing with arms straight down at your sides, if your fingertips touch your bare legs, what you are wearing is too short.) Shorts, skirts, jeans, and pants with rips above the fingertip length will not be allowed unless tights are worn underneath so that bare skin is not showing.
2. The following will not be allowed: tank tops which allow bra straps to show; tube tops; tops or low-rise pants/shorts that allow the midriff to be seen; see-through or skin-tight clothing; clothing that shows cleavage; clothing with offensive pictures or slogans; or shorts, skirts, or pants with any kind of writing across the rear.
3. No parts of underwear may be showing at any time.
4. To honor our more conservative members, at co-ed water events, swimwear for girls and women should be a one-piece suit or tankini with an over-shirt (t-shirt or modest tank) and shorts. For boys and men, swim trunks and a t-shirt or tank.
5. Anyone violating this dress code may be asked to leave the event.
6. Any member of this organization that persists in violating this dress code will no longer be considered a member in good standing.
7. ECCHO Formal Events that require formal attire guidelines: Each student is expected to arrive at the event in modest, God-honoring, and formal attire. Students do have the opportunity to express their own personal style and have fun with the dress choices available to them within the ECCHO dress code guidelines.
a. Gentlemen are encouraged to wear trousers. Jeans will not be allowed. Collared, button-up shirts and neckties are required. Jackets are encouraged, but not required. Dress shoes, dress boots, or clean shoes are required. Clothing Items not permitted at ECCHO Formal Events - t-shirts, jeans, sports jackets, team jackets, letter jackets, windbreakers, casual coats, farm/work boots, flip flops, open-toed shoes.
b.Ladies are encouraged to wear long gowns, but this is not required. No strapless, or straps less than 1 inch wide will be permitted. Sleeveless gowns with a modest neckline are allowed. A modest neckline means no cleavage is showing. Undergarments, top, and bottom, should be present, but not visible. Two-piece dresses may be worn so long as with arms fully extended overhead the midriff remains completely covered. In regards to dresses with slits up the leg - the slit must not be higher than fingertip length. Dressy shoes, dressy sandals, dressy boots, or clean shoes are required. Clothing Items not permitted at ECCHO Formal Events - t-shirts, jeans, farm/work boots, casual shoes, or flip flops. Full Coverage from a modest neckline to fingertip length bottom is required.
c. NOT PERMITTED at ECCHO Formal Events: flip flops, farm/work boots, dirty clothing or shoes, dresses with cutouts, dresses with plunging necklines, exposed lower backs - this includes cutouts with sheer fabric. If panels are added to dresses to meet the dress code the material used should not be sheer or see-through. Dresses shorter than fingertip length - same as standard dress code - standing with arms straight down at your sides, if your fingertips touch your bare legs, what you are wearing is too short.