Yearbook Club 2023-2024
Yearbook Club is a Christ-centered group of students collaborating creatively to create a shared vision for the yearbook while developing technical skills throughout the yearbook development process. The completed yearbook—filled with pictures and stories of treasured memories made with ECCHO—is a blessing to our members. It is open to all ECCHO EC 9th-12th grade students and will meet weekly during 4th period. (UC 9-12 The Yearbook Club class is full for 2023-2024.)
- Have access to a computer with a power cord and bring it weekly to class.
- Commit to participating in Yearbook Club in both the fall and spring semesters.
- Learn basic photography, graphics and page design, journalism, and editing and proofreading skills necessary to create the yearbook. Students will participate in all aspects of yearbook design and development.
- Meet deadlines and work outside class on assignments, as necessary.
- Work collaboratively and independently to design and develop the yearbook according to assignments and timelines established by the Yearbook Coordinator.
- Help the Yearbook Coordinator with yearbook photo days for ECCHO members, as schedule allows.
- Assist with yearbook promotion, sales, sponsorship, and fundraising activities.
- Attend at least 2 events per semester to photograph ECCHO-sponsored events, activities, and programs. To include and represent all of ECCHO’s programs and ECCHO-sponsored activities in the yearbook, the Yearbook Club will endeavor to attend a selection of events to take photographs. As it’s not feasible to attend all events and activities, Yearbook Club members will review and edit pictures submitted by members for consideration in the yearbook.
- Participate on a team and cast a vision to plan the yearbook and then collaborate to achieve this goal.
- Exercise your voice and develop ideas for the theme, layout, organization, and message of the yearbook.
- Participation in Yearbook Club can be highlighted on college applications, job applications, and résumés.
- Access to photo editing software and TreeRing Yearbook software.
- Develop or strengthen basic photography, graphics and page design, journalism, and editing and proofreading skills.
Questions? Please contact Katie Wheeler, ECCHO Yearbook Club Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org