How to Join Planet Homeschool
Ready to join us? Wonderful!
Registration for Fall Semester for new members with at least one child age 12 or up generally begins in mid-June and registration for new members with children ages 10-11 generally begins August 1.
Registration for Spring Semester for new members with at least one child age 12 or up generally begins early December and registration for new members with children ages 10-11 generally begins in mid-December.
Please see our calendar for exact dates.
New members must first join our co-op before they can register for classes.
Once registration for new members is open, becoming a member of Planet Homeschool requires three steps:
- There will be a "Join/Request Membership" button in the upper right hand corner of the page when registration is open. Click that and then complete and submit the registration form. Make sure you save the user name and password you just entered because you will need them to log in later.
- You will next see an automated message prompting you to submit signed copies of our Parent Agreement, Student Agreement, and a liability waiver. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as scanned PDFs or photos of the signed documents, or snail-mailed to Planet Homeschool Parent Liaison Carrie Pomeroy at 1687 Minnehaha Avenue West, St. Paul, MN 55104. You can also use the free website DocHub to submit forms with electronic signatures to email@example.com. You will also need to fill out a Volunteer Availability Form for the next semester before approval.
- In addition to submitting required forms, you will also need to pay your Membership Fee. The annual Membership Fee is $70, members joining for the Spring semester pay a prorated $35. You may pay with check or PayPal- PayPal is preferred.This Membership Fee pays for classroom space rental, web hosting fees, insurance and other overhead costs. To pay via PayPal, please use the Pay with Paypal button in the message prompting you to send in your membership forms and pay your fee. You can also log in on the Planet Homeschool website using the user name and password you created. You will be directed to your account and prompted to pay your membership fee when you log in.
Your membership will be approved according to the following timetable:
- Memberships for families with at least one child 12 and up that are submitted before June 15 will be approved on the morning of June 15, when registration opens for new members with at least one child 12 and up.
- Memberships for families with at least one child aged 10 or 11 that are submitted before August 1 will be approved on the morning of August 1, when registration opens for new members with at least one child aged 10 or 11.
- Membership applications submitted and completed after the above dates will be approved within a day or two.
You will receive an email from "Lifeline@homeschool-life.com" when your account has been activated. If you have paid and your account has not been activated within a reasonable amount of time, please contact us at PlanethomeschoolMN@gmail.com so we can help you register.
If you prefer to pay your membership fee by check, please make the check out to "Planet Homeschool" and mail it to:Tiffany Skidmore 1780 North Snelling Avenue Falcon Heights, MN 55113 Please note that registration is easier on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.