Complete assignments using a PC or Mac and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Projects include: the basics of organizing files within folders; using a word processor to create/edit an announcement or flyer, letter, resume, and research paper to explore tools such as styles, table of contents, section breaks, and page numbering along with learning the skill of mail merge; building a worksheet and working with formulas and functions, formatting, charting, and what-if analysis to determine the best way to present information that is visually appealing; using a design template along with the outline view to create an electronic slide show with graphics, transitions, and animation; and integrating all three programs to capture the essence of the using the Microsoft Office Suite collectively with a final presentation.
- Office 2016 Simplified, by Elaine Marmel, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., ISBN 978-1-119-07474-8
- (purchase one per family as a reference)
- Microsoft Office 2016, preferred;
- Laptop computer or access to a desktop computer (PC or Mac)
- Internet access
- Pocket folder, paper, and pens